For the best possible cylinder wall geometry, JASPER utilizes Torque Plate Boring and Honing with a torque plate and specially- designed ARP2000® head bolts.
• Cam clearances are maintained through the use of CNC and boring machine to reduce upper-end noise.
• Updated high -volume oil pump with higher pressure relief valve spring and rigid backing plate for improved oil pressure to the VVT on 3-valve V8 applications.
• VVT solenoid housing screen undergoes a thorough ultrasonic and pass through wash process to ensure proper oil flow to the actuators (screen not available separately).
• Supplied with 100% NEW latest design camshaft actuator/VVT solenoids.
• Nitrided valve upgrade improves durability and reduces friction.
• MLS (Multi-Layered Steel) head gaskets, better RZ block and head finishes and 100% NEW head bolts ensure superior protection against gasket leakage.
• JASPER piston design provides stronger ring lands and a graphite coating to prevent dry start-up and piston scuffing.
• Moly rings reduce friction for increased durability through reduced cylinder wall wear.
• Spark plug threads are 100% inspected; damaged threads receive TIME-SERTS® to ensure protection against stress and vibration.
• Micro-polished crankshaft for improved, more precise oil tolerances and longer bearing life.
• Live-Run Testing, with Data Acquisition and other assessments for your assurance of reliability includes:
- Compression, vacuum and oil pressure testing
- Cam/Crank correlation ensures proper valve timing
- VVT cam phaser testing on 3-valve applications
3 Year / 100,000 Mile Nationwide
upon request. Specifications subject to change without notice.
Ford Triton Engine VVT Housing Screen Cleaning
Ford Triton 3-Valve Oil Pump Update
Ford Triton Torque Plate Boring & Honing
Ford Triton Engines
4.6 / 5.4 / 6.8
Value-Added Quality Improvements from JASPER
Issue / Concern:
100% torque plate boring and honing of engine block utilizing a torque plate and specially-designed ARP2000® head bolts.
Decreased piston-to-bore tolerances for improved ring sealing.
Oil Pressure Problems, VVT Codes, and Upper-End Noise
- Cam clearances are held to a tighter JASPER® standard through the use of CNC boring machines.
- 100% installation of a high volume oil pump, which includes a higher pressure relief valve spring and rigid backing plate for improved oil pressure on 3-valve VVT V8 engines.
- Verification/machining of 3-valve VVT solenoid housings for straightness.
- VVT solenoid housing screen undergoes a thorough ultrasonic and pass through wash process to verify proper oil flow to actuators (screen not available separately).
- 100% NEW installation of the latest design camshaft actuator VVT solenoids (excludes VVT Delete engine option).
Worn VVT Actuators
- Installation of new or remanufactured cam gear actuators on 3-valve VVT engines.
Head Gasket Failure
MLS head gaskets
Block and head surfaced to 50-150 RZ
100% new head bolts
Piston compression height reduced to maintain O.E. compression ratios
Spark Plug Thread Concerns
- 100% inspection of all threads.
- Damaged threads replaced with TIME-SERTS®, which allow for increased thread engagement.
Bearing Failure, Knocking, Holes in Block
- JASPER oil tolerances are more precise than O.E.
- Micro-polished crank
Early Models: Restrictive Oil Pipe
- 100% upgrade of early 4.6 DOHC oil pump and screen to high volume pump and large oil tube screen.
- JASPER offers VVT Delete as an option for the 5.4 engine.
- The VVT Delete engine option will have pre-installed locks in the VVT actuators and also comes with a Livernois programmer.
- The VVT Delete engine option is 50 state legal for 2004-2010 applications and includes a CARB E.O. sticker. 2011-2014 applications are CARB E.O. PENDING